Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitted for 2nd hand clubs

• 21-11-2023 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Has anyone got fitted for 2nd hand clubs?

I'm playing golf 2 years. I have ping irons that are approx 12 years old. I'm thinking I could benefit from a newer set of irons but don't want to pay big money for a brand new set

Has anyone gone to get fitted but used the advice to buy clubs 2nd hand? I like ping irons but they are expensive so I'd like to go 2nd hand but buy a set I know suits me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You could go and get fitted

not sure what McGuirks and Halpenny charge these day but it used to be about €30

they could tell you what length and type of shaft would suit your swing and whether you need standard or offset lofts and lies

if you are buying second hand you run the likeyhood that the lofts and lies are not what they were when they came out of the factory (just happens over time getting hit around the place). You can get these adjusted on a lot of clubs, afaik once they are not cast. Might set you back €100 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 twitpants

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

the golf studio in celbridge (he has a page on fb) has a trackman set up and usually has a decent selection of clubs. Not sure he does the full fitting but worthwhile checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭benny79

I second this probably the best place around to test on the second hand market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

But very expensive?

Some of the prices for second-hand are over 80% full price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What Pings have you, the G15-20 era are generally regarded as super (cavity) clubs and follow ons offering little in terms of improvement

Advertisement