Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velux Blind Colour

• 21-11-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭

We're replacing our Velux blinds. Does anyone have have beige, white or grey blackout blinds fitted and have advice they could offer?

White will match the ceiling colour, beige will match the window frame and grey will match the blind frame.

Also, we no longer need blackout blinds since it's not being used as a bedroom so could go for translucent if that's preferable.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

Comments

I’ve just fitted 5 new velux blinds, all grey (0705 shade), blackout with aluminium frames. They look fantastic.

I fitted them myself in minutes and bought them from the site below, genuine velux blinds, cheaper than buying direct from velux. If you don’t know already, the type of velux window you have is listed on the steel strip on top of window when you open it.

www.roofwindowblinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭josip

For our size of blind, it's €2 more expensive on roofwindowblinds.ie

How is the grey in reality compared to the web page? Is it a dark or light grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KaamDhanda

Considering your color options, I'd suggest going for white blackout blinds to seamlessly blend with the ceiling. Since it's no longer a bedroom, translucent blinds could add a soft touch. As for advice, make sure to check the material for durability. Also, if you're in NZ, consider exploring local options for NZ blinds. Good luck with your decision!

Advertisement