Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough cost for installing concrete slab

• 21-11-2023 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Im looking for a rough cost to put in a path\slab at the side of my shed, which has become overgrown and is an unused space.

Its 9ft wide by about 29ft in length. Ideally, a concrete slab would be ideal here as it could be used as storage as well.

Any idea of a rough cost to put something like this down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

Phone around the local cement/concrete plants, give them the dimensions and they'll quote you on how much concrete you need. I helped put a driveway in 2 years ago for a local and I think it was £350 for 12x25 foot no ballast needed. I just did the barrowing the brickie did the tamping.

If you've never done a driveway before or a big slab you could go cheaper with self mix and a hire mixer but it's back breaking work and you've to work fast, don't forget the run off/slight slope for water to drain away towards the gutter.

Top of my head pre mix and delivery, 500-700 euro but no matter what it's a 2 man job. You can get the mix 'doped' to retard it's setting time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks so much Niall. Definitely a 2 man job as Ive never done any of the levelling or working out the slope for something like this. Was out there today and it looks crap, and you see it as soon as you turn in the driveway. Time to get it sorted before herself starts giving out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

2 men and a lorry driver won't work. Driver won't help and will be rushing to the next job. You will get 30 to 40 minutes wait time. If you have 2 lads that can get that barrowed in and levelled give me their number and they can come work for me!

A retarder is grand but this time of year you want the cement to go off fast as either rain or frost is coming.

As above 500 to 700 for cement alone. Formwork? have you barrows strong enough. Wash off area for the lorry and barrows? What will you use to screed and finish, aussie or trowels or a float?

Not trying to be smart but it's a lot to happen in an hour and if your not on top of it from the get go you will be left with a big solid mess. I priced a job recently, I was too dear. i said ring me when it's done and tell me your happy... she sent me a picture....

Advertisement