Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small piece 15mm plasterboard

• 21-11-2023 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone know anywhere that stocks plasterboard in smaller sizes? Looking to repair a hole in ceiling 15mm (12” x 12”) and don’t want or need to buy a full sheet.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ask in any builders merchants if they have some broken sheets of plasterboard you can cut a corner off?

Take a stanley knife with you so you can score and cut out a piece you want or just take the smallest broken bit they have.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes but so as not to be a dickhead, I'd only do that when buying something else in the hardware.

A relative works in a hardware yard and they love to give out waste bits to genuine customers but it tends always to be the same fellas buying nothing but looking for broken slabs or burst bags etc.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am fairly sure I've seen small plasterboard sheets in Woodies, though not sure of the thickness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

I wouldn’t go into a hardware store armed with a knife begging for a piece of plasterboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭El_robbo1980

I’m in Dublin/Kildare border thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

SuperMikes in Clonsilla have pasterboard in handy 4'x2' sheets, both 9mm and 12.5mm (don't think 15mm exist).

Have only ever seen full 8'x4' sheets in the bigger builder providers such as Goodwins, Brooks etc but didn't specifically ask if they stocked anything smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭phormium

Woodies do the 2x4 sheets, Thursday is over 60s discount day if relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Woodies naas

Advertisement