Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circuit breaker tripping well below the max rated capacity

• 22-11-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

At present Solis 5kw inverter using the standard cables 25mm cables going to a projoy circuit breaker rated at 160v 125amps. It's currently tripping out at 70 amps when under load for a few mins. After the breaker it goes back to 25mm cable going to battery. Cable length is less than a meter.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If it never got overheated, I'd say it's faulty.

Cable length rather irrelevant.

Is the mcb getting hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ddonq1412

i have replace the bootlace ferrels on the cable ends as they seemed to have the cable sitting in them rather than crimped. they are now crimped the unit was getting warm cable not so much. i have the switch powered on and it currently charging at 67amps at present for 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭jasgrif11

What is the make of the circuit breaker (any pics)?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ddonq1412

This is the breaker

Advertisement