Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring Electric Car in Italy

Options
  • 22-11-2023 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

We're in Italy in June 2024 and I need to hire a car. With the Black Friday offers, OK Mobility is offering a 50% discount on electric car hire. I plan to get highest insurance they offer to cover myself but even at that, it's coming to €320 for 14 days which is extremely cheap.

I guess the only issue is charging facilities which there seems to be at the campsite. Is there anything obvious I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭patmahe

Spin to and from the airport? Is there any clause like if you bring it back with a 20% charge we will make you pay a fortune for the other 80%? Other than that, provided the range suits your needs why not.

Availability of the chargers at the campsite might be another thing, if they are very popular are you badly stuck without the car? How much do they charge and do they definitely work. Language barrier might also be an issue if you are struggling to figure out chargers/payment.

Advertisement