Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LAES and carers

• 23-11-2023 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Got a letter saying I have been chosen to do the 52 week LAES scheme and have a meeting with them next week.

I am sending in the carers allowance form this week as I look after an elderly parent. Have had it signed for weeks but I've been having my own health problems so hadn't sent it in yet as I was worried about having to deal with a home visit from the inspector.

Does anyone know what my position is? Do I just tell them that I am waiting for the carers decision, as I will have sent the form in?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm assuming your on a job seekers payment & unfortunately as such you'll be required to partake & engage during the application process for carers allowance & until such time it's approved.

Perhaps a letter from your GP explaining your situation when meeting the Leas crowd might help putting off a start date but as a Jobseeker you must be seeking employment, it may be worth moving to SWA until such time Carers Allowance is processed

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 FriendlySpider

Yes I am jobseekers at the moment, I asked in my local SW office should I still sign on once the form is sent in and they told me yes. I had thought that it was giving false information for me to sign that I am available for full time work but they said to just keep signing on.

There is aa3 week wait for a doctors appointment where I live so i wouldnt be able to get any support from them before the LAES meeting.

Do you know if there would be a wait if I swapped to SWA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's a really difficult situation to be in. My best advice would be to see if you can make an appointment to see a CWO in your local intero centre. They may arrange a call back. You could explain your situation which I'm sure they've come across.

At a minimum get the Carer's allowance application sent off ASAP, I'd consider registering the envelope. You'll receive a notification when they've received it. Once it's received the CWO will see it on the system.

In the mean time I'd attand the 1st meeting with Leas and explain to them the situation, they might stall putting you on a course.

Yes, continue to sign, it will take a few days to get in touch with a CWO.

Basically and assunung you'll be awarded carers allowance, if on SWA there's no pressure.

My only concern is this is a terrible time of year to be doing anything, you don't want to risk being taken off Jobseekers so close to Christmas + lose any allowances you may have.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement