Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar system on a sub meter

• 23-11-2023 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi.. thinking of buying a 2-3kw solar system with all panels having own micro inverters (enphase) had a price and sounds good! Not bothered with selling any excess back to EFG as only a small system. My question is that i live on a residential lodge/mobile home site.. and meter is a ‘sub’ analog meter which i believe will cause problems with the site owner when he comes to read! Having been told it will go backwards then forwards if i call for grid power? If i get permission from him and fit a back stop Digital meter, will it be as simple as that? Like when i am using the power generated, the meter will show 0000000 and as soon as the system gets too loo and the grid kicks in the meter will register what i have used? Based in UK

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

it depends on the meter, but some rotary meters have a ratchet icon on them that will say it doesnt go in reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HarleyKevlar

Obviously a lot of trust with my site landlord! If i get the new meter fitted! 🫣 maybe he should get it fitted and i pay for it.. then it will be tamper proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HarleyKevlar

Do they? Are you referring to the spinning wheel type analog meter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

You can see the ratchet symbol just below the wheel on the right, that means it won't spin backwards. If it's not there it will spin backwards AFAIK.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

Who owns the meter? You or the landlord or the power company? Does the site have any other panels installed or what's their policy on them if any? Have you actually got the room to fit 3kW of panels on a mobile home?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement