Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Vigour Manual Power Shower - UK vs Irish 1/2 inch

Options
  • 24-11-2023 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Replacing an Aqualisa Power Shower with Mira Power Shower (bought in Woodies).

Have repositioned pipework to suit. Piping is entering Mira from rear position. However no matter how tightly I slot pipes in to Mira inlets, water begins to leak once I turn back on mains.

Am wondering is this the difference between UK and Irish half inch pipe? Pipe going in to inlet is all Irish half inch (14.7mm). Am wondering, with Mira being UK company, if I need to get UK half inch instead? (15mm)

Have tried Irish Qualpex and copper thus far.

Nothing in manual, on box or on Google to give me any clues :-(

Any advice/feedback appreciated!

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

0.3mm, usually not enough to be an issue as long as the right olive is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Mira Vigours and Triton Novel showers are designed to work with Irish pipes. It's definitely not pipe size causing the problem. You either don't have the pipes shoved in far enough or else the pipes are going in at a slight angle. They need to be dead straight. Another slim possibility is that you damaged the O rings in the push in fittings.

I'd be more worried about how you wire it in. It should be done by a REC but if doing it yourself it's important to remember that it is mains voltage (unlike the Aquastream) it can't be wired into a socket or light.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shee7

Thanks for replies guys. Sounds like I could spend ages stabbing around in the dark on this one.

Yeah, think this goes beyond the old DIY enthusiasm. Will be safer getting a pro in to finish.

Thanks again

Advertisement