Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fibre - Can I use my existing house phone?

Options
  • 24-11-2023 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭

Can I plug my old landline phone into the back of the router? I’m getting underaged soon and don’t want to be out of service. If I have to get a VOIP phone, can anyone suggest a good home phone model please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

You don't need a VOIP phone (despite what poorly trained call centre staff have occasionally told unsuspecting customers). In fact a VOIP phone will likely be completely useless as the majority of ISPs will not give you the SIP details you need to configure your own VOIP device.

Typically the ISP routers have VOIP built in and there will be a standard RJ11 phone port (or two) on them (this is the case for Vodafone).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

That’s. That was what was nagging me actually. I’d beer seen anything about sip details and default logins so a was really scratching my head. Thanks for confirming.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

Yes you can plug it in but in order to have phone service, voice over broadband (VoBB), you need to have it included in the package from your provider. HTH

Advertisement