If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon 3800

Options
  • 25-11-2023 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks, am I right to think all the stock of the Denon 3800 has been gobbled up at the fantastic price, or might there be some stock available for store pick-up ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mr..C

Thanks for the post.

With the crazy price drop on the 3800 it has made it an instore only collection but we do still have some units left in stock here at the Belfast store available for collection.

If you would like to reserve one to collect just drop me your full name and address in a PM and I can pop the order onto our system.

Hi Cork29.

Instore only collection means we can not ship the product and it must be collect from the Belfast store.

This is because of stock shortages and with the current price drop making it uneconomical to ship.

Unfortunately there are several products on our website that can not be shipped and there is no way to purchase them via the website for home delivery.

There is only a very small amount left at the current Black Friday price and then they will be sold out.

Hi Cork29.

Sorry you feel that way.

The price is 100% genuine you just need to come to the store to pick the product up. We have already sold 4 of these today at the £699 price instore.

We don't advertise it for home delivery on our website as there is no "Buy It Now" button on the product page to allow it to be purchased.

This is something Richersounds has always done so it not a new thing we have introduced. Some items are designed to drive customers to the stores as we really enjoy face to face sales and it creates a different shopping experience.

As you mention above we only followed the price drop so perhaps there will be one of our competitors can ship it to you at that price.

Again sorry about this and we hate to lose business but unfortunately we can not ship the Denon 3800 and it would need collected in store.

Hi Cork29.

Unfortunately for GDPR reasons I can not disclose where the customers travelled from.

Have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mr..c

Thanks Kenny, definitely not a deal to be missed so Sunday road trip to Belfast planned...

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Cork,

thanks for the posts and we really do try to offer good service to our Customers - but I disagree with your statement that our price is not genuine.

The AVRX3800 is a fantastic amp and at £699 it is a crazy price - you are correct to say that we followed competitor pricing which started in the UK, this pricing took us by surprise and we had not built up stocks to meet the demand, either locally or in our central warehouse - however unlike most other Denon stockists in Ireland, we have passed the savings on to our Customers in both Sterling and Euro - most other stockists appear to be still 1099€

There are a few reasons that we make a product instore only:

If a product is uneconomical to ship, that is the case in this instance - I know you say that we can add shipping, but in the real world, nobody ever wants to pay shipping and we have always had a policy that our Euro pricing includes shipping. We love ya - but we still have to make some money occasionally!

We have limited stocks - again as above we have a limited amount of this product in local stock and our first priority is always to look after the Customers who travel into our store and we try to ensure we have enough stock to meet demand. We can't sell what we don't have (unfortunately!)

We are within 90 mins of the largest city on the island and every day we welcome Customer from the ROI so our in-store offers, as long as we have stock available either locally or in our main warehouse is open to everyone who makes the effort to visit us - unfortunately the AVCX3800 stock is just about gone today - I have spoken to Denon to try to determine the position on further stocks which I hope will be clarified next week.

Thanks again for the post, I do hope that goes some way to explain the issue for you but as ever don't hesitate to keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for that Cork and hopefully you will be able to see the Denon AVCX3800 more local to you at the £699 / 899€ price point, although I haven't seen the advertised pricing from Denon stockists in Ireland on the AVCX3800 moving down to these levels yet.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.