Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre blockages

Options
  • 25-11-2023 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all, I’ve been trying to get fibre sorted since March, I posted a thread in May (below) https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058296412/fibre-delays#latest outlining issues we’ve had and tbh what I’d view as a bit of a lazy attempt to resolve this. They’ve even admitted as much in their reports since that their service to us had been shoddy. Couldn’t agree more.

Anyway. They’ve attempted installations in July and in recent days, and found more blockages. I’m genuinely losing the will to continue going for this. Every time it feels like there’s more and more blockages found. Some of this work has to take place on the public road so that takes it’s own process.

My frustration comes back to the fact that it feels like every time they come out there’s something new. Yesterday it was a network blockage around 20m at a corner. Previously they found one closer to our home and to a boundary wall. I don’t get how there seems to be so many. I don’t believe they’re the sharpest tools in the box either for what it’s worth.

Im just wondering is there anything more I can do about this? I’m growing fed up of the one little job at a time. Some are helpful and some are clearly just arsing around and not helping. We’re told they’ve GPS type detector devices. Surely there is a way they can identify all the work that needs to be done and plan accordingly? I’ve had nearly a dozen visits now. It just keeps getting kicked down the road one little act at a time and I’m tired of it now. Works around people’s gardens is naturally annoying them too. We haven’t even reached a point yet where a dig that needs to be done around the white box outside can start. It’s an absolute shitshow.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058296412/fibre-delays#latest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

"Im just wondering is there anything more I can do about this?"

Could you go clear the Blockages??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Yeah, fire us a digger there and I’ll get to work.

You were looking for options.

You can keep your sarcasm, it's about as useful as waiting since March to get your fibre

Good luck

Post edited by Whatwicklow on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Don’t worry took two years for me with “blockages”

one of the best excuses used (after a family member drove 4 hours for the appointment) was they didn’t have a flag man that day to instal. Was a safety issue.

Funny thing is, our connection is on poles. The ducting runs right to the first pole from the cabinet 10ft….but ducting blockages were always used as the excuse..😀

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Fcuk me, you suggest that he should dig up the public road himself and then throw a hissy fit when he gets sarky?

• Advertisement

I suggest he helps himself instead of waiting on others.

Evidenced by the nbp thread, plenty of people are doing digs, cutting trees etc in bid to ensure their connection goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Advertisement