Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android tv and diseqc switch

• 26-11-2023 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi all. A friend recently brought a generic android tv on sale for black Friday. It was only 115 euro so wasn't expecting much. RCA 32 Inch TV Smart TV HD Ready Android TV Triple Tuner Dolby Audio YouTube Netflix Prime Video DAZN Disney+ Works with Google Assistant WiFi Bluetooth HDMI RS32H (2023)

https://amzn.eu/d/aihjQC7

It's replacing an amiko box and old tv in bedroom. I got asked to set it up as iv been doing it for 10+ years now the problem I have is getting it to work with diseqc switch. It has a setting on it all three versions of switches but it doesn't seem to have an option to select which dish is on which port of the switch. It finds all the astra 28 channels fine when doing a scan but I can't see the option to scan another satellite which I prob should have mentioned earlier is set up for ka-sat 9e for saorsat. Iv tried a manual scan for a transponder on 28.2 and it picks up channels. But on the Ka side of things the frequency for rte on 9e( I used the Ku frequency from the amiko box which was on when I went in not the one listed on lyngsat) gives no signal. Can an android tv not handle a Ka sat Lnb or is there some setting to tell it port 1 /2 and port 2/2 as there is on a generic satellite receiver. I know the channel software on android tv's is a bit ehh anyway but any advice from you knowledge bunch of peeps out there would be appreciated. Rant over 🤣

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Apogee

If it can receive channels from 28E, there's no reason it can't receive Saorsat channels - the frequencies at the receiver end are the same as the LNBF does the conversion.

Is there any mention of Diseqc in the manual or on the menu screens that you could post here? Or a PDF link to the manual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭goldiefresh

That's what I thought but after extensive testing I believe it's the app on the android tv that's just not up to it even though diseqc is available on the tv. It's not great software anyway on those tv's.

Advertisement