Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the city center

Options
  • 27-11-2023 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hey, Q for the commuters.

I need to get to the ifsc a couple of days this week. Travelling from n81 blessington direction. Was looking at my options.

In order of my prefrence:

Drive to terenure and get a bleeper. Limited availability out that far.

Drive further in get a dublin bike

Drive to tallagh and cycle my bike

Drive to luas, park ride

Just drive 😭

Anything I am missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I used to cycle from Terenure to CityWest via Tallaght bypass for work. It was ok. But now I'd probably use the ok cycle facility on Tallaght main street/main road, which leads to an ok off-road two-way cycle track from Tallaght to Templeogue on the north side of the Templeogue Road after the M50 Exit 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Personally, for a daily commute I'd much rather be cycling my own bike that is the right size for me and not be messing about with bleepers or dublin bikes; they are grand for short trips or now and then; but not for 30 minute cycle each way every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Drive to Luas, (Cheeverstown) then Park & Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭alentejo

Drive into Templeogue area and park car. Use your own bike from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

If it was me, I'd have two plans: plan A for dry days (drive to Tallaght and cycle your own bike from there); plan B for wet days (drive to Luas for park-n-ride).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Can't really give route opinions, but I generally park and cycle (my own bike) for commuting. I've a few different parking options, depending on time available and how I feel. Try to avoid car bottle necks before/ after your cycle commute - it kinda feels like you lose some of the benefit being traffic before or after for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Thanks for the input, I just need a solution for 2 days (luckily enough) got a loan of a Brompton..... So plan is drive in to somewhere suitable to park, unloan, unfold and hit the road 😉

How is the spawell for all day parking?

Edit.. Weather looking crap, luas could well be the only option

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

If you're using a Brompton you have a lot of options. Depending on where you're starting your journey, you could even leave the car at home altogether or just further away from the city (if a bus brings you within cycling distance of the Luas, for example, or there's cheap plentiful parking in cycling distance of the Luas). A Brompton really joins up public transport for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Blessington to the ifsc might be a challenge on it!! :)

Thanks for all the advice, weather based decision made I'll be on the luas.

Advertisement