Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holly Johnson National Concert Hall Sunday 26th November

• 27-11-2023 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Was anyone at this last night? I thought Holly was on top form, voice absolutely banging - an unusual venue for him though as you can't bring bevvies in but this didn't seem to bother the crowd well on for it.

A mix of Frankie hits (brilliant as ever) and his own solo material (which is dangerously closer to Take That / Girls Aloud 90s and 00s sounding pop hits than anyone admits but still enjoyable)

Only downer was the big fat synth stabs on "Relax" and growling geetars on "Tribes" were either missing I couldn't hear them in there - lost in the mix or not there at all - the lead guitarist and bassist seemed to notice as they looked a big frantic and chatting furiously during those tracks

But overall a great night and hope he returns soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭emo72

Was at it. I thought the set was a little short but I didn't mind. It's like being back in school, with them not letting you bring your drink in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Not sure how I missed this being announced! Totally missed it.

Advertisement