Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yves Tumor - Olympia Monday 27th November 2023

• 27-11-2023 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this tonite - going in completely blind as know none of his material but hear he's blistering live

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Likewise. Think we're guaranteed not to be bored anyway 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Also heading in to this. Tickets very reasonably priced for an Olympia gig, but still seems to be plenty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Really enjoyed that.. Great gig.. Great crowd.. Definitely one of the most interesting artists I've discovered this year. Latest album is phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Yves Tumor holy s* absolutely phenomenal show last night. Different than I expected (which was indie/electroclash/post punk) the killer band pumped out banger after banger reminiscent of early Prince 1980-1982. Hard grinding synth rock-funk led by a virtuoso lead guitarist showcasing Eddie Van Halen style shredding with a flying V.

YT was decked out very like Dez Dickerson from Prince's band so I don't think I'm wrong in the comparison and was both effortlessly cool and also warm and engaging with the audience.

Great to see the largely young crowd go hoopla for a sound largely missing from today's soundscape, Yves needs to be a megastar, now!

Advertisement