Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rcbo >>>Rcbo

• 27-11-2023 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭

Can I use an existing c25amp rcbo to feed into a b20amp rcbo. I cannot get or find a suitable rcbo to match the busbar. (Merlin gerin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

What are U trying to do

Only a rec can work on a domestic board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Well it's not a domestic board, but thanks for your concern.

It's not done anyhow it's bad practice

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This is not something that I would do, I would consider it unprofessional and it may cause confusion at a later date.

Remember it does not necessarily have to be fed from busbar. It would simply be fed from panel flex. In most cases 16 mm sq. would be more than adequate. The panel flex can be fed from the existing busbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This is not something that I would do, I would consider it unprofessional and it may cause confusion at a later date.

Why would it lead to confusion?

I think he or she is just trying to feed the second RCBO from the first one not put the load of the first RCBO on the second one.

As said above @OP some Board flex of 16mm sq should do you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

Confusion because both RCBOs will trip with any earth fault on the second one. Not something that is desired, practical, or required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

In the end I put tails from the busbar into the rcbo. I had to remove the whole din rail so I could make sure it was a good connection as it was at the bottom of the board with very little visibility.

Loosen 2 screws fully and check cables are tight after

Only adding to the work and risking a bad contact elsewhere doing that if visibility is bad

Advertisement