Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place in Dublin City to bring teenagers between 9-10pm for mocktails?

Options
  • 27-11-2023 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi - we're having a Christmas evening with the kids (range from 20-15) and will be doing the Friends' Experience at the Point. I was thinking of bringing them somewhere nice (like a nice hotel lobby) which is Christmassy, warm and cosy for a Christmas mocktail (well the older ones can have a real one but not the 15 & 16 year olds). We won't be finished in the Friends' Experience until 9pm and from what I can see, most places don't allow kids after 9pm (the 15 and 16 year old only look their age). Is there somewhere you think would be nice and that you'd suggest/recommend (anywhere between The Point and Stephen's Green / Dame St direction as we'll be going up there as well to look at the lights). Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

9pm is a legal thing rather than house rules, your options are restaurants with a meal or maybe a hotel lobby

• Registered Users Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The Shelbourne, or Westbury maybe but ring ahead and clear it with the duty manager as they may refuse point blank if you show up at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

The Gibson Hotel where First Dates is filmed is close by the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Sounds a very Irish thing......

• Registered Users Posts: 6 micheal98

Sure just take them for pints, the youngins can have shandies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Would you consider going to somewhere like a cafe and all having a nice hot chocolate rather than bringing the young ones in to somewhere that alcohol is being served?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I would just bring them across to Ruby's tbh. You're going to be stuck for time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 laurenpedro123

Thanks a million all - really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 laurenpedro123

We usually go to cafés and they've had so many hot chocolates at this stage I just thought it'd be nice for something different. Alcohol is also served in many homes/houses over the Christmas ;)

Advertisement