Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Civil Service to Public Service - starting salary

• 28-11-2023 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

If one is moving from a grade which attracts a higher salary scale in the civil service to a grade which attracts a lower scale in the public service, does one start off at first point of the scale? For example from HEO to Assistant Staff Officer or Staff Officer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Mac-Chops

As far as I am aware you should be matched to equal or next point up on the equivalent scale.

I did the same in reverse recently but as I moved up to the next equivalent grade, I could only get starting point on that scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lauras5839

Is they don't automatically adjust your starting pay, apply to your HR for incremental credit and that will get you sorted as well

Advertisement