Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

window trickle vent

• 28-11-2023 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have pvc windows with trickle vents in my house and in the bathroom I’ve noticed that one of the vents is failing to open for me. The opening/closing is controlled by levers at the side but it seems the lever on one side has become detached from the vent and so it won’t open any more. I was going to try to remove the cover to take a closer look to see if it’s a simple fix but I’m not sure how to remove it. I’ve attached pictures if anyone knows.

I don’t see any screws and it looks like the part where the lever is might pop out if I get a small flat headed screwdriver in at the side of it but not sure and don’t want to break it.

would anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

That type of vent is usually attached to the glass unit before fitted into the window frame. Not recommended to try to prise at it with a screwdriver etc as you could break/crack the glass. Tbh it's not easy to rectify without removing the glazed unit out of the window.

Best advice to contact local Pvc window companies or Google Pvc window repairs companies in your area etc as its a straight forward job for these type of companies to repair the vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spp

Thank you @embracingLife.

I will contact the window company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

👍👍

Advertisement