Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering prices - am I being taken for a ride?

Options
  • 29-11-2023 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just finishing a house right now and something is not adding up with the plastering our builder has invoiced us for.

Originally they were supposed to dry line the internal leaf of the external walls. But, it turns out dry lining wasn't needed as our BER is good enough already. We thought we'd make a big saving, but that hasn't happened.

Our original price to dry line the internal leafs was 42/sqm.

The new price for plastering the internal leafs is 40/sqm. Am I right in saying that seems crazily high? Am I being taken for a ride?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭hydrus21

From my experience, dry lining, dot and dab etc. Is quick to do and carried out by low or semi skilled workers.

Base and finish coat Plastering is slower and requires a proper skilled tradesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

i was charged €20/m2 plus VAT by the plasterer (traditional scratch coat and skim). Seeing as you have employed a builder there would profit on top so €40/m2 incl. VAT doesn't sound too far out.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

So its double because its not direct labour?!?

Hardly...

Advertisement