Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Was at In The Meadows day out in Kilmainham. What a lovely day for it. I saw Mercury Rev, who I had a soft spot for many years ago. Forgot about them then, but yesterday brought it all back. The sound of the vocals wasn't great at times, but overall it was enjoyable. I don't know what they did to Goddess On a Highway though - the changed version didn't do it for me.

Saw Mogwai then. Lying out on the grass in the sun listening to mostly instrumental music was just beautiful. Loved it. Caught a bit of Lankum, but had to go home. I don't know their stuff, but seemed good. Very atmospheric.

I know I am opening a can of worms here, but I am going to do so anyway. After Bruce Springsteen gig and the crap with cans of Rockshore, I thought I wouldn't have to see another can of that plss again. But I went up to the bar at about 7.30, and there they were again. I asked for a pint of it, but no pints. I asked for Guinness, but they said no pints of Guinness anymore. So I got stuck with the cans. Paid €15 for 2 of them. I left the bar within 30 yards spotted people coming towards me with pints of Guinness. There was a separate Guinness bar almost beside the main bar, selling Guinness. I know the bar person didn't have to tell me, but God, it doesn't take a whole lot of cop on to say that the Guinness bar is over there if I want that. I wish Aikin would just f@ck off with this cans of Rockshore shlte.

And before some wise-a$$ comes on to provide wisdom that we don't have to buy them if we dont want to, I know that. But a couple of beers in the sun listening to music generally adds to the enjoyment. For me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭T.V Eye

Is that how they usually play Goddess live... no complaints about the rest of their set but that version was odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brilliant gig last night by Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins in the 3Arena. Nice to get if off the bucket list. Next up Rammstein in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Weezer and Pumpkins. 'Mazin'!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonasCat2

Anyone heading to Limp Bizkit in Belfast tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My young fella is going. He was at Weezer/Pumpkins with me last night too.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Actually for me it was a fantastic triple bill:

Weezer

Smashing Pumpkins

Kiki Wong

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonasCat2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Adrianne Lenker is a genius- there is no one in the world writing / performing better songs; to see her perform in an intimate venue is a gift. I really wouldn't start trying to compare her to anyone. Some songs sound a bit like this, some songs sound a bit like that but overall there is nobody like her.

The crowd that night was fantastic also, no messing about with phones, quiet where it was needed - it added a lot to the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Killers last night in the 3Arena were sensational as always. Brandon Flowers is such a great frontman and knows how to work the crowd. Amazing stage set-up too. To steal a line - it was all killer, no filler. Hit after hit.

Also was super lucky to have Travis supporting. Saw them a few years ago in the Olympia but they really got the crowd going last night too.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And a few more pics from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Had to Google Fran Healy to check that was him. That's quite a hairstyle!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He's a jinx. I might have beaten the storms home but by this morning it was definitely raining on me…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Absolute Bowie in The Button Factory. Great show, they obviously love what they do. Couldn’t help himself, I was singing along with everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Sting & Blondie in Musgrave Park tonight.

For 78 years of age, Blondie still knows how to rock it! Brilliant greatest hits set from her. I really enjoyed it and I am thrilled to get to see her before she hangs up the mic for good.

Sting was also brilliant, you really can't beat a man with his guitar. Only disappointment is that he didn't do Don't Stand So Close To Me, otherwise very good set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

sting was unbelievable, 3 piece, tighter than ducks arse, really exceeded my expectations.

Blondie was a good show, band very good, but voice is well gone, gave a good effort though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

How long were Blondie on for?? Going to Belfast tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I would say about an hour give or take. She did 13 songs.

There was another support act on before her, they were probably on for about a half hour, only performed something like 5 songs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Are bowling for soup a world changing band that will re-evaluate the way you look at music? No, absolutely not.

Are they a ridiculously fun sing-along throwback that remind you of a more innocent time? Abso-fckuing-lutely.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Blagged a ticket see The Scratch support Sum-41 in Fairview. They are learning their craft. 👏🏻
    Strange audience, all 25 years old, fanatical but must have been 5 when Sum-41’s first single came out. Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wouldnt be a huge concert goer, maybe one or two a year. Saw Take That tonight, really brilliant but I was surprised they had no encore. First concert I can remember attending that there wasn't one. Is this common? Not complaining as they played all the big hits but more interested than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

P!nk was at her incredible best tonight. She is an icon and an absolute tour-de-force.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tipp1991

Anyone want a ticket for Dylan Gossett in Vicar Street tonight?

Rammstein RDS last night, amazing show

Next up Green Day in Marlay Park on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Rammstein looked jammers!!

it was

Any videos of the show been heard up to 15km away?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bhail

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jeez !! Looks crazy !
    Do they have to distract from their own music ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did you filter by "Worst seats available" on Ticketmaster?

Advertisement