Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to pay my current electricity provider for energy used prior to me joint them?

Options
  • 30-11-2023 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I understand this shouldn’t happen, but I think due to an error for ESB networks it did.

At first I tried to be reasonable and offered to pay for the electricity I used, and despite being offered credits from the company which suggests some wrong doing, I am still being charged 2023 prices for electricity used in 2021.

At this point I am thinking I should just refuse to pay the provider for any electricity used prior to the start of my contract. I have evidence of how much this is so seems pretty clear, my question is do they have an entitlement to charge me for electricity used prior to the start of a contract?

I am happy to pay for electricity I used but don’t believe I owe this money e to my current provider.

*Apologies for the two similar posts but was unsure where best to post this.

Comments

Advertisement