Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Vandalism

Options
  • 30-11-2023 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭

I'm curious how many clubs have issues with course vandalism and damage. My local club put up some pictures of damage done overnight where a car has pretty much destroyed one our greens driving on it, doing donuts, etc. Unfortunately our course is on open land and not surrounded by any sort of enclosure, fencing etc so it's very difficult to prevent such mindless acts of vandalism.

Has anyone else any experience of this type of behaviour and any actions that were taken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There was an incident a number of years ago as far as i remember at Beech Park where they refused membership to someone who was a known Dublin gangster that lived close by.

They had something similar done, greens torn up by some sort of car and a rather unpleasant deposit into the holes too.

Seems to be getting very commonplace in the US based on stuff I've seen on Twitter, donuts on greens, people hitting irons full off greens and leaving divots on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

We had at least one small campfire just off a fairway during covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Seapoint still has signs of the damage done when they "stole" the golf club from the member

Advertisement