Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else use Last.fm?

• 01-12-2023 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I set up my account in 2009 but only starting scrobbling music since 2015 firstly using Google Play before moving to Spotify. I love the simplicity of the listening insights yet I know only one friend that uses Last.fm. Any Last.fm users on here? Anywhere here are some of my stats:

SCROBBLES: 57,631

ARTISTS: 5,006

LOVED TRACKS: 1,626

And an Artist Cloud of my top 50 listened to artists from https://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've been a member since 2005. Other than using the website very briefly about a decade ago it's only there for my own music stats. It's interesting to look over them each year as it's more in depth than Spotify wrap-up or to look back at my taste over the years.

I used to use a Twitter plugin where it tweeted my top 3 weekly artists until the function for disabled many years ago. Like yourself I don't know anyone using it, just a few people from a different forum. Spotify has taken care of any recommendations of artists over the years so I've never really used the features in Last.fm. There's also not much community on the site from what I see so I never cared to engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭rpirl

Haven't used it for what it's meant to be used for but if looking up a band and there's not that much info around for them it will sometimes be the one place that will have a bit of a bio

• Registered Users Posts: 35 AgnesCalhoun1

I feel they tried to establish a community a number of years ago before they changed the whole layout and features of the site. Now I just have 1 "neighbour" so can compare my stats against theirs. My Spotify recommendations got messed up a while back when my partner would use my account to play music I don't listen to but I love that you can delete scrobbles so have found myself checking last fm recommendations more often recently but I do agree it's not great. The stats are super insightful and I'm too invested in it now to ever give up on using it. I also like checking out the 3rd party plugins every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 modelook12c

Yep I do

Advertisement