Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Biggest by a longshot

On PC you would have huge Blizzard launches, Half life and RPG's

Consoles the likes of Last Of Us, Halo, Zelda

GTA spans them all and is massive on each machine. GTA5 PC online base is huge now, with consistently high views on Twitch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was that the trailer just now on the Rockstar YT page?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Coming 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gotta a really hot take to serve up to y’all after watching that trailer: it sure does look like a Grand Theft Auto game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Bet it'll run like shite on current gen consoles but PS5 Pro/Upgraded Series X will be released just in time for it 💸💸💸

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, R* fairly pissed off to release it early, someone's gonna get mauled in court over these leaks.

Trailer is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got some True Romance vibes of that for some reason. Looks class but 2025 Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RDR2 level of animals & birds.

Crazy level of people a lot more varied than in 5.

Water, mud, and foliage all RDR2+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Detailing on the players is pretty damn good, I'm impressed! Looks like we'll be able to go outside of Vice City too. That release date though, was really hanging on for a 2024 release. Hopefully it'll be early 2025.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not a word said, and yet you can feel the complex emotions running through Geoff right now. The shock, the anger, the upset, the sadness that he won’t be able to unveil the biggest video game trailer of them all between a Halo Doritos crossover announcement and a performance by Wheatus of their Christmas version of Teenage Dirtbag.

I heard Geoff leaked it after R* turned down his offer to show it at TGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

December 2025 probably 😂 The Bonnie and Clyde leak talk confirmed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can't wait to play this on PC in 2027

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

2025? Get t'fúck. Why even release a trailer that far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Cyberpunk 2077 teaser was 7 years before the game came out. vaguely recall the original gta5 trailer and being like wtf that's 2 years away to release

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Better a realistic vague 2025 date, than an unrealistic 2024 date!

Just 13 months to 2025 anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Why announce an announcement about a trailer drop so far in advance? To build hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

At least 2025 gives them a chance of sticking to it. RDR2 was delayed by a year and half from what I remember before releasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,992 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Always nice to hear a bit of Tom Petty.

Looks like it's going to be a fun time playing GTA6, whenever it materialises.

Looks like they'll be leaning heavily into the social media satire again.

Are they going to be able to top the narrative in RDR2? I'm pretty sure a lot of us can see where the narrative around a couple engaged in criminality will lead, betrayal heartbreak etc, a good and a bad ending yadda yadda.

Hopefully the main game isn't just a wrapper for the new GTA Online.

I'd like a GTA story I actually feel compelled to play more than once after a ten year wait.

Glazers Out!

Can't wait for the map lads to piece together the scenes from this trailer and the leak to give a very detailed and accurate map like they've done in previous games. Tons of stuff to scour in that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

That looked and sounded brilliant. If it was a movie I'd want to watch it, which says a lot about the dearth of decent action movies these days.

Current consoles going to need a GTA6 chip to run that at 60 FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think I'm getting old... I thought that looked amazing from a technical point of view, but otherwise I was a little underwhelmed. Could be bias of course given that they're ignoring PC initially (as expected).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My words are eaten. Showed quite a bit and looks stunning, a bit too good... *Fryface* Two years is a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great trailer. Probably preferred the first trailer for GTAV just due to the music and voiceover, but wouldn't really have any complaints with this one.

Though there were a lot of focus on shots that looked like Tiktok/Instagram type overlays. Let's hope you still have to get rich by pulling off heists rather than becoming an "influencer".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Great trailer. Shows a lot of potential but I need to keep my expectations realistic given the disappointing story and direction GTA 5 was taken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CWMMC

Anyone else laughing at the Florida man references throughout the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

That was a nice surprise waking up and seeing the trailer has gone live. Game looks awesome, roll on 2025 😎

Almost 50M views in 9 hours has to be some sort of world record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Grand Twerk Auto.

Advertisement