Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decorations made of straw - is it legal to import?

• 01-12-2023 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭

A silly thing that never crossed my mind until I was about to order some Christmas ornaments from another EU country. The ornaments are made of straw. Apparently there's some limitations when importing hay or straw products into Ireland but I thought it would not apply to EU countries and also that it only meant products that are imported for animal feed or other agricultural purposes. The store only mentioned customers from Australia needing to check if they are allowed to import such goods but as this is an island too, thought I'd check.

I cannot find a mention anywhere whether these kind of unimportant decorative items are prohibited or allowed. I have seen similar being sold here in the previous years but not this year and it could be different for businesses compared to consumers. Just want to make sure before I order that the products allowed into Ireland. Does anyone know?

Comments

Advertisement