Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clever Gate Lock - I Do Agri

Options
  • 02-12-2023 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this earlier. A clever idea from a young Irish farmer. Some of you might be familiar with his YouTube channel (I Do Agri).

Reasonably priced at €25, with discounts for larger numbers. 3 types too.

Link to website;

I Do Agri

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

I've chains with snap clips (or locks) on a lot of my gates, don't see much advantage to this setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rusheseverywhere

A shackle or nut and bolt in the bolthole also do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

All the new gates here have a handle with a lip underneath, you have to turn the handle upward to slip it out of the opening.

The opw installed similar gate over an opw waterway bridge. Not realising that the handle had to be turned, to overcome this they installed the gate upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'm seriously thinking of getting one. I have double gates in the yard and opening and closing them with one hand while carrying something is next to impossible. I even googled for similar ideas there recently with a view to making up my own. For €25 you can't go wrong.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Fair play to him if he can make money out of selling them but a length of chain and a spring hook does the same job at a fraction of the price. They have no place anywhere near a feed barrier tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

We try to use the same. Not sure of the point of your man putting a padlock on it when there's a mickey mouse chain on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

For 2 gates closing like that check out the bolt on interlocking latch from O' Donavan engineering much easier and stronger job

Advertisement