Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booster pump failure in new build

• 02-12-2023 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

We moved into this new build 13 months ago. The booster pump failed and is leaking water, not a major leak, but enough that I noticed a small water stain on the adjacent plasterboard. The area was wet and had a bit of mould, meaning it had been leaking for at least 2-3 weeks.

The builders called to the house and determined that indeed the pump was leaking, then told me to call the plumbing contractor. The plumbing contractor insists that because I am now past the 12-month defect period, I have to go to the pump manufacturer for a warranty claim.

I am now waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me. In the meantime, I put a small tray under the pump to catch the water and empty it a couple of times a day as to prevent further water damage and allow the area to dry out.

Considering I didn't buy or install this pump myself, it has caused some water damage, and it's been just 1 month past the defect period, are the builder and the plumber really off the hook?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If the defect is within the pump hardware and not due to a workmanship issue, then I think it's a warranty claim with the manufacturer.

Advertisement