Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in County Meath

• 03-12-2023 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone I'm just looking to book a 2 night stay to bring my mother and mother-in-law on the 2nd of January and I was looking on pigs back and noticed that a lot of the hotels in county Meath have specials on. The Ardboyne Hotel, the Castle Arch, the Headford Arms and the New Grange. I'm not familiar with this area or any of these hotels and I'm looking for advice as to which Hotel would be the best choice. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭gipi

I've stayed in 3 of the 4 hotels you listed (haven't stayed in the Ardboyne).

My favourite is the Headfort in Kells. It's a very welcoming place, food is good, rooms are comfortable and there's plenty of parking.

I've used the pigsback deal for the hotel several times, and have also stayed there on other occasions (not on a deal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Are you intending to spend all of your time in the hotel? If you're intending on going shopping or rooting around locally, whilst the Headford Arms might be the pick of them hotel-wise, it's in Kells, and there's not a whole pile of stuff to do there nor much of a buzz about the town really.

The Newgrange is in Navan Town Centre, plenty of good shopping, pubs, restaurants to choose from there. The Ardboyne is about a 10-15 min walk into the centre of Navan.

The Castle Arch is close to the centre of Trim. If you like your history and old buildings, Trim is the pick of the 3 towns picturesque-wise. There is a small number of pubs and restaurants, and a bit of shopping available.

Whilst I've been in all 4 hotels for grub or meetings, I've never stayed in any of them, so if it's just the hotel you to focus on rather than things to do outside it, I'll defer to opinions on the Headford 😊

Enjoy your trip, whatever you decide!

Advertisement