Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone battery

Options
  • 03-12-2023 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I’ve a 13 Pro and it’s two years old now. The battery is desperate, from 100% to 30% in a matter of hours. The battery health is at 86%.

DH got the 13 Pro Max at the same time and we’d use the phone in a similar way with similar screen time usage.

The other day went to England for the day. Both devices starting off at 100% battery and same usuage etc. Within 4hrs my battery is at 30% and his is still high at 80%. I had to get 2 power banks to keep the phone going until I got to the airport to plug in and charge.

Are there certain apps/settings that I can turn off to help improve the battery throughout the day? It’s a joke at this stage.

I only charge the phone when needed, I don’t leave it on charge over night - maybe I should?

Are the newer versions of iPhone better battery wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’ve a 12 pro with battery health at 82% and it still lasts the day. Might need to charge it around 8 or 9 pm after being on the go since 7 or 8. Maybe 4 hours screen time per day on average. Must be a rogue app eating your battery or something

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Factory reset might help start off with bare amount of apps then see how the battery is

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I’ve checked the app usage and tik tok is using the most battery at 23% but I’d only be on that for an hour in the evenings when winding down. When not in use it’s shut down as are all other apps

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok firstly you need to stop shutting down apps when not using. So many people insist on doing this thinking they are saving battery but they are doing the opposite.

Apple have iOS designed that when you come out of an app it is then suspended and not doing anything unless background activity is enabled such as refresh.

You're using more battery by killing it and forcing the app to restart fully and reload when you open it again then simply just leaving it doing nothing.

It's amazing when you speak to people about this they simply don't believe you despite Apple's official advice is to only close apps when they are frozen as mentioned in article below and as explained in discussion underneath

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201330

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254673223?sortBy=best

If you find an app is still draining your battery then check for background activity such as background refresh or location services being used all the time in the app. Change to "Only while using the app".

If still an issue then I'd delete the app and reinstall it. Sometimes that helps.

I hope this helps.

Post edited by murpho999 on

Advertisement