Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Adoption Surname

Options
  • 04-12-2023 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was adopted when I was young by my stepfather but because of certain circumstances i feel like I was coerced into it unjustly and now that I'm an adult and have no contact with my parents anymore, I was wondering if my stepfather would need to be involved in reversing the adoption. I wish to change my surname back to my original birth one but I'd rather not get involved with him or his family again.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Adoption forum is here: https://www.boards.ie/categories/adoption

Adoption can't be reversed AFAIK.

You can change your name to whatever you want. This is usually done by deed poll through a solicitor, but isn't strictly necessary. You can just start using whatever name you want. Lots of people are not known by their 'legal' name.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement