Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Cancel Eir

Options
  • 04-12-2023 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Getting rid of Eir Phone and broadband as the contract is up, I'm going with 3 mobile for broadband in the house as its fine for my needs. I want to keep the landline number for incoming calls so I'm porting it to a voip provider so I can use on my mobile,

The Voip provider is handling the number porting, my question is do I still have to cancel with eir or is the fact the number is being ported does this terminate the eir account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

My advice, always cancel with Eir, have a paper trail/email trail. They have claimed I never cancelled Broadband with them and tried to charge for another month despite the service being transferred to a different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Quitelife

EIR have a horrific name when it comes to cancelling anything - I wish you luck !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Irrespective of who you are with my advice would be to cancel the contract yourself. Never leave the responsibility to someone else.

Also at the end of the initial period the contract rarely ends automatically it changes into a rolling 30 day contract so you are contractually obliged to give 30 days notice.

i share the warning about dealing with Eir customer service there are many horror stories about them.

if you pay by direct debit then cancel the direct debit and pay any legitimate owings via post office etc. Remember cancelling a direct debit does not cancel a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Thank you all,

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Im in the middle of trying to move away from Eir. It's been ten days since I initially told them I wanted to leave but I wasn't able to do so until they resolved technical issues on their side. Something to do with certain parts of my package being out of bundle and needing to be included before I could move. Finally had enough yesterday and rang for a customer complaint reference number and guess what? All technical issues were amazingly resolved all of a sudden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement