Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct flights Dublin airport to Florence

Options
  • 05-12-2023 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if any airline flies direct from Dublin to Florence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If you have internet access try sky scanner

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

I think Ryanair to Pisa is the best you'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Ryanair and Aer Lingus definitely don’t as we were keen to go to Florence in October. The best alternative was fly to Pisa or Bologna and take a train from there. Flight times didn’t work out at all so we left it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

There are are no direct flights from Ireland to Florence. You can fly to Pisa and get the train to Florence easily enough. It might sound like hassle but it isn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Runway is too short at Florence to take a Ryanair B737 or Aer Lingus A320. I did fly to Florence from Dublin once - with a stop off in Frankfurt with Lufthansa. Most people go to Pisa instead and take the train thereafter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

It’s a very easy train trip from Pisa to Florence via train . There’s a light rail service between Pisa Airport and Pisa Train Station …… very easy trip and you in the center of Florence and hour later.

You'd probably have time for a quick stop off at the Leaning Tower of Pisa if you wanted on the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Ryanair cancelled our outbound flight to Bologna a few years ago so we flew to Pisa and got the train to Bologna via Florence. We were only in Pisa for an hour or two so we had a quick look at the Tower while waiting for the train.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks a million to everybody for the very helpful replies

Sounds like I'll be taking in the leaning tower of Lisa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Theres a scammy thing as you exit Pisa airport - it was 5 euro per person when i was there a few years ago. It might be gone, or it might be more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bologna to Florence is much quicker than Pisa to Bologna. 30 mins or something on the train. And you get to spend time in Bologna! And from Bologna you're 25 minutes from Modena, 45 from Reggio Emilia, an hour from Parma.

Lucca is beautiful too though. A must visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

We have travelled to Florence via Pisa on a number of occasions and it worked out well. The PisaMover tram/shuttle takes you directly from the airport to the central rail station for a few euro so the transfer is very easy. Train journey from Pisa to Florence is short and inexpensive and you can book your tickets online in advance. The NH hotel in Pisa is good quality, reasonably priced if booked in advance and is directly across the road from the central station so ideal for an overnight if the flights work out this way. We stayed on night here on a couple of occasions to tie in with early/late flights and availed of the opportunity to visit the leaning tower, the duomo and walk the banks of the Arno. 24 hours in Pisa is more than enough. Enjoy.

Advertisement