Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickr Core vs Kickr V6

Options
  • 06-12-2023 4:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you had the choice of either which would you go? Is there any meaningful difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

No real difference at all , I have the V6 but the core would have done me - got it on Black Friday at the time so went for the V6.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I’m looking to pick one up over Christmas. Where did you get yours and for how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

I got it direct from wahoo, it 2019 and it was listed as reconditioned, it was €700 on black Friday, also got the climb and their fan as well on that sale.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looking at the climb also

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭barleyman

Have the core for just over 3 yrs, gets heavy use every winter (4/5 nights per week for approx. 4 months of the year).

I just noticed i paid €799 for it back in 2020. It was a sellers market then!!

I have had zero issues with it.

Also have the climb which is actually a cool feature when training and racing.

I'd go and buy a cheaper fan of ebay, i know it won't be linked but i think that is not really important, just my opinion.

• Advertisement

No interest in the fan.

I want the climb and trying to figure out what to pair it with.

will probably get a rocker plate also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Have had a rocker plate and to be honest wasn't worth the hassle. It used inflated balls, they would lose pressure over time and it was a pain to reset up it and make sure it was level. I just want to go out and get on the turbo, the less hassle the better, ended up getting rid of it. I know wahoo do feet you can put on the legs of some of their turbos that provide some movement. I'd go with them over a rocker plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Keep your eye on Alltricks they had the v5 €700 last December.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lissard

The main difference between the two models is the Flywheel and the carrying handle. I guess the bigger flywheel means the Kickr V6 offers a smoother simulation, transitions between power output won't be as harsh as the flywheel preserves momentum. For what it's worth I do not generate anything like enough power to see this as a problem on the Kickr Core. At the current pricing it's a no brainer for me - the cheaper model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement