Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.6 PSA Diesel engine fumes coming into cabin

• 06-12-2023 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Missus has a 2012 Focus 1.6Tdci, previously had an issue with diesel fumes coming into cabin, outlined in this post.

She was driving today and said there's a diesel smell in the cabin that gave her a headache. Looked at engine bay with engine running, couldn't see any spilled diesel, although some of the leak off pipe clips were rattling a bit.

Could it be the retaining clips for the leak off pipes? Don't see how that'd cause fumes in the cabin though, maybe the injector clamps being loose I know there's issues with them and they had been removed recently.

Copper washers were done shortly after buying the car. So I'm not sure what the issue is, there's no visible smoke but there is definitely a smell and can hear slight chuffing. Maybe washers again? May not have had the seats cleaned properly so are leaking exhaust again? Video attached for anyone that can provide some assistance.

The full video here

Post edited by BlakeS94 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

From that sound like a hissing for a split second, I'd say you have an injector washer leaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Maybe, as I said the copper washers were done recently, one or 2 of them were blowing a lot, don't know if the garage changed all 4 or just the 2 that were bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

More than likely just the 2 that were blowing. Most garages will only do the one that is leaking. Some of them injectors

can be a pig to get out so they leave well enough alone.

Yeah I've ordered a rebuild kit and just going to replace all 4 again along with the leak off pipes and seals hopefully that sorts it.

Noticed there's injector knock too so 1 of them is definitely knackered but that will have to wait.

There's only slight carbon on injector #4 (timing belt end) so I reckon they'll pull out by hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

If you can get the tool to recut the sealing face it's ideal, often times people just replace the washers but the sealing surface in the head is not flat/carboned up etc

• Advertisement

Maybe that's what has happened so, I have this set here so hopefully the correct size is there. I understand there's barely any pressure needed and it's a case of letting the tool do the work.

All sorted, got new leak off pipes from Ford today no more fumes. All injectors sealed perfect first time. Well proud of myself

Post edited by BlakeS94 on

Advertisement