Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know how to use a pedestrican crossing correctly?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Yes, Put one foot out to indicate your intention to cross, waiting until traffic has stopped before proceeding.

It's just guidance in the Highway Code - nobody pays any attention . . . certainly not pedestrians who value their life.

• Yes, Put one foot out to indicate your intention to cross, waiting until traffic has stopped before proceeding.

Oh right so you can see around corners can you? It’s not about whether or not you’re going slow.

Putting pedestrian crossings just after a sharp corner is stupid. There’s one I know of at the first exit of a roundabout coming off a hill so you do need to apply some gas but also be ready to brake because the crossing is just around a corner.

All you can see is if someone is coming across the opposite side of the road but if someone is approaching from around the corner you won’t see them until you’ve made the turn. It’s absolutely silly and would cause no harm to have it moved down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Well, no, I can't see around corners, which is why I slow down appropriately at corners.

I think the post I was replying to was talking about the kind of raised platform for pedestrians at some busy junctions, giving priority to pedestrians. It just means drivers have to slow down for a few seconds.

Advertisement