If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42 or 43" TV for bright room

Options
  • 07-12-2023 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a new TV for a very bright living room, with a wall of windows to its left and facing the TV. Sadly limited to a TV with a max width of about 102-103cm so 43" is probably the biggest I could fit?

I have a 55" QLED Samsung Q95T from a few years ago in another room that I'm pretty happy with, its brightness is impressive, so I was drawn to the QE43QN90C you have for €999. I've not yet tried an OLED though and spotted the LG OLED42C34LA at €1099.

Looking for some advice on whether I'm better off staying away from OLED when a lot of use is going to be in daylight with huge windows on two sides or are current ones up to the task? General advice on which TV not just the ones above, at this size restriction would be appreciated, regardless of the screen type. Probably wouldn't want to spend too much above €1000 as this won't be our main TV.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Setanta1984.

Thanks for the post.

I would tend to sway away from OLED for a bright room, although they have been making the OLED panels brighter you still can get reflections when the sun light shines out the OLED panel. I would worry that the two large windows could play havoc with your viewing pleasure in the brighter months.

I use OLED at home myself and have a large bay window but in the summer months have had to tilt my blinds to keep the sun off the TV. (I know I probably should have been out enjoying the sun as we don't usually get much :) )

A 43" would be the largest you would fit as a 48" is just too large at 107cm (The 48" are also OLED).

The 43QN90C is a great televisions and would be an excellent choice. I would say its one of the best non OLED 42/43" on the market.

Currently in stock and ready for dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Thanks very much Kenny - I've placed an order through the website for the Samsung.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the order Setanta1984 :)

I now have it processed and will keep you posted at the start of next week on the delivery ETA.

Again thanks for the business we really do appreciate it.

Have a great evening.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for that. Just wondering do you have an idea on delivery date? Just checking as as I wont be home on Friday to receive it if it arrives then.

Thanks.

Hey Setanta1984.

I've dropped our courier a little email to check the ETA and will keep you posted as soon as they get back to me.

• Advertisement

Arrived today so all good, thanks again Kenny.

Happy Days Setanta1984 :)

You'll be able to get the Christmas Movies playing on it now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.