Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday leave day?

• 07-12-2023 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

I work for a contractor on a client site.permanently based at this site.permanent full-time roll. The client site is closed on 27th December (reopens next day after Christmas closure) we have been recently told by our employer, we have to take this day out of our annual leave holidays.

Would this be within employment law/ rights as I would be available to work on the 27th otherwise.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,033 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes it would. Some industries tell you when to take all your leave, you're lucky it's just one day at their direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

I'm afraid you have no option here. many companies enforce "forced" company closures and make employees use their annual leave. its quite common.

Advertisement