Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ramparts Cabinteely

Options
  • 07-12-2023 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hello, thinking of buying an apartment in this complex

On my viewing it looks solid enough and kept well and not too busy with good parking

Does anyone have an experience with this block & things like noise from adjoining apartments or any issues good or bad that might be relevant to deciding to buy there

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Rented here many years ago (over a decade ago) so not sure how much it helps. It was a really nice place to live, the common areas were well maintained (they had an on-site janitor) and were re-painted while we were there. The apartments themselves were of a good size (we were in an 80m2 2 bed with en-suite and main bathroom). We re-painted the bedrooms on moving in (landlord had re-done the living/kitchen) and we noticed a few minor cracks in the plaster around the windows (it seemed stable and after filling and re-paint, never noticed anything else). The windows had trickle vents for ventilation, and the kitchen only had room for a washing machine/dryer combo.

Seemed solidly built, would get noise from heels from upstairs but nothing substantial (first floor) and didn't get any tv or talking transferring through. Did have an issue one Christmas where an apartment alarm went off and they were away, it would go off every 20 minutes for about 5 minutes.

Downside is they use storage heating rather than gas or heat pumps so it could be pricey, but it seemed warm enough by default not to be a big issue.

This was pre-Luas expansion, the area will be helped if they can get a supermarket/shopping into Cherrywood as it's always a car journey otherwise (or just get it delivered and plan well).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spent some time there.

Some of the apartments in the front to the left of the main entrance get little to no direct Sun at times of the year. The front also gets significantly more noise in general, drunk people arriving through the early hours, people doing loud DMC's if there is a party in the block for example. The design amplifies the noise in general, the higher and further you are from the entrance the better. The rear is the exact opposite in terms of noise but I believe there is building right up against it to the side now.

Also the penthouse apartments in both sets of blocks are cold and the original heating was basically throwing money away in them. Other apartments were fine but that was a long time ago. I'd imagine it's significantly more expensive to heat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Thanks for that great info

Could i ask where you in an apartment overlooking the fountain or in the back west facing apartment?

I was sort of wondering in those west facing apartment how hot they got for example in the middle of summer being in an apartment building as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Facing the fountain so I couldn't really say, I do remember not liking the venetian blinds the apartment had as the outdoor lights around the fountain would shine in at night and the sun would shine in during the morning (depending which angle the slats were at).

Advertisement