Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family saloon - 3 booster seats

• 09-12-2023 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance if this has been covered numerous times but search didn't throw up anything for me. Is there any saloon car that can take 3 booster seats. Kids are 7,8 & 9 and ideally don't want an suv. Budget approx 30k. Changing from the older style 5008 and wife would prefer something smaller. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

I hear the Skoda Superb is one of the widest cars out there but in reality it's still got that narrow middle seat like all of it's competitors.

The only car I've seen with 3 decent rear seats is a Tesla Model S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭kindalen

Keep an eye out for a secondhand version of above, might work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shane b

The problem is, there arent too many cars in the "family car" segment that will take 3 cars seats in the back seat bar 7 seaters. Im in similiar position with a Skoda Octavia although my budget is much lower.

Citroen and Renault do 5 seat versions of their 7 seaters which may be worth a look. The Dacia jogger brand new would also be within your budget, if a Dacia would suit your needs.

Post edited by shane b on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Some of the Volvo's have 2 x inbult boosters seats with adjustable heights, I've a 5r old in one and an 8yr old in the other, the 9yr old is big enough he doesn't need a booster anymore.

The XC 60 current and older model have them and some of the volvo saloon/estate cars have double ones. You'd have to seach around to find one as not everyone specced them. It's a gift not having child seats. It's an suv but it doesn't feel big and it's built like a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭caddy16

Octavia won't take the 3 I presume? That was one of the cars I was going to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Regardless of car, you need to find narrow boosters. Accessing the seatbelt buckles is always the tricky bit but your lads should be strapping themselves in which is much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭photosmart

Hi there

My brother managed to fit three across the 2019 octavia model however

it was two hbb and a low one. another option is the Dacia Jogger.

I recently switched from a Toyota Verso and the Jogger is nicer

(As you would expect because it is a much newer car even though budget)

The Jogger has three separate back seats and is essentially an estate car

if you don't use the additional 2 seats in the boot. It also gives you the option

of seven seats which is super handy for when you end up with giving lifts to

childrens friends and for sports etc...It's also sub 30k brand new and you

can get a 5 year warranty if you are worried about that element.

Get wife to test drive one before ruling it out.

P

Advertisement