Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting battery power station to 12V fuseboard

• 09-12-2023 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hello....my brain is melted!

I was up all night and at it again this morning and I just cant figure it out.

I am connecting a Fossibot f2400 to a 12v fuseboard to power some basic things like fan and LEDs using the DC power through an XT60. It is a 25A / 12V port.

I have connected the fuseboard to the battery correctly - live and nuetral which are working correctly. The idea is then to connect the live and neutrals of each device to the fuseboard, which I have done correctly - but it just isnt working. I have changed devices and no joy.

I also connected a 12v switch panel (with inbuilt USB port) to the power station using a negative bus board - the switch board panels lights up and each switch on the panel goes live. I can charge my phone off the panel, inbuilt USB no problem. So I know all the connections up to this point are correct. The problem happens when I connect a device to the switch board - I am using wire connectors with an inbuilt fuse holder (15amp fuse)- nothing happens.

I connect an LED directly the power station (using the XT60 and a live connector cable with an inbuilt fuse) and nothing.

I have tried every variation of the above, and I cant get power to the device. I am missing something very simple but I cant figure it out.

Can anybody suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi!

Use a load such as a 12v incandescent bulb to test every point along the path. I say incandescent as it should create a load of around 1a/12w as a good test. Connect the bulb solidly to the negative at the supply and work through each of the fuses, etc and backwards to the positive supply from the supply. That should help to identify if you have a bad connection or damaged wire.

Do you have a DVM (digital volt-meter) too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Any chance you could draw up a quick wiring diagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

Hi guys.

I finally figured it out. Thank you both very much for taking the time to reply to plea for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Advertisement