Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TV series could be the worst movie ... or at least not great ... if made ??

Options
  • 10-12-2023 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

.... well obviously awful TV shows like Luv Island or Big Brudder would make awful movies but let us set that aside and look at some well loved TV shows that actually have quality ... the 2 I mention are well loved by some but are not quality! ... but could be made into awful movies ... I am leaving out TV series that were made into movies ...

Father Ted ... well Dermot Morgan is dead and I cannot see anyone fill his shoes as that character ... a film version would lack the charm of the original and would not be able to recapture its feel ...

Dallas ... there was talk of this but who could do JR like Larry Hagman?? No one is the answer ... Dallas = JR = Hagman simple as ... the 2012 revival TV series was good when Hagman was alive but ended quickly once he died ...

Breaking Bad remake movie ... now Camino was good but not meant as a remake ... but what if we had a Walter White remake ?? would it work with a new character?? Could anyone only BC play White as well? Prob not ...

Love/Hate ... since I don't think the original cast would be available I feel this would be as doomed as the Breaking Bad remake ...

Glenroe ... now here is one ... someone gets the idea on the back of Banshee thing from last year ... Miley by someone else other than ML?? ... I do not think so ...

Coronation Street ... a revival of the old characters set in the modern world ... Baldwin v Barlow?? Would it work without WR and JB?? Prob not ...

The Fall Guy ... not so sure if this one would be any better than other versions of such 1980s series ... none of these remakes were able to recapture what the 1980s ones did ...

Buck Rogers?? ... well may be ok but hasn't Star Wars done it already?? ...

The 2009-2023 Late Late Show ... well admittedly this one does not have quality so am cheating a little here!! ... starring Ryan Tubridy as .... Ryan Tubridy ... well all he's gotta do is act [Beatles] naturally !!! ...

Advertisement