Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fitting Galway /Mayo

Options
  • 10-12-2023 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, wondering any bike fitting recommendations near Galway/Mayo ? Most seem to east coast, Aidan Hammond gets recommended a lot but was hoping for someone closer who does saddle Anaylsis as well.

I see Baileys Point Physio clinic in Salthill do it as was wondering has anyone tried it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭ratracer

Try Padraig Marrey in Ballinrobe. It’s been a few years since I went to Jim, but he’s very knowledgeable and a nice fella to deal with.

He’s a brother of Eamonn in Marrey Bikes, Ballinrobe so they can probably put you in touch with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭tphase

Try MBW in Moycullen

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Eiregt

I've used Bailey point a few years ago when I had some trouble with persistent saddle sores on one side.

Michael is a really nice guy and sorted the fitment issues I had but definitely more from the old school camp of bike fit (i.e. using KOPS to set fore/aft).

He spent a good bit of time talking through everything and how to transfer the fit to other bikes etc

I tried myvelofit recently for a bit of fun and it was surprisingly good, far from perfect but it puts you very close to a good position. You can select different styles of fits from more relaxed to more aggressive and also different bike types from TT to MTB

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mayonews

Thanks, yes seen Bailey point did full bike sitting as well so was curious was he worth going to .

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

They are closed up the past while to the best of my knowledge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

local cycling club got aidan to come to ballina to do a block of fittings in a day for a few people, hes been twice at this stage

if your in a club you may be able to organise something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Chris Troy in MAyo does fitting as far as I know.

I haven't been to him myself but have spoken to others who have

Advertisement