Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better to start new micro-company or pay to be audited?

Options
  • 10-12-2023 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

I have a small micro-company, grossing 10k to 30k depending on the year (I had a health incident and had to slow down, but need to invoice some consultant type services I still do, small potato stuff). This year I changed accountants and the Tax declaration got filed but not the Annual Return of Accounts.

So, these were filed late, and as a result for the next 2 years I will have my auditing exemption as a tiny company removed. I have to have a statutory audit each year for the next 2 years.

My questions are:

1) how much might such a thing cost, roughly? How does one get that done (I have no experience doing this, please explain as if to a child [before this I had another accountant who just took care of the whole thing, but he doubled his price 2 years running, so I looked elsewhere]).

2) Might it not be better to just close the company and start a new one?

Thanks for any help and guidance

Ian

Advertisement