Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Marathon 2024

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Hi I think the amount of housing estates has something to do with higher Insurance costs and road closures on more of the main roads.

My 10th time doing the event, I'm a local and have done all the distances.

Think there was extra waves in the Half, probably to reduce the congestion when the Half and the full met.

Didn't quite make my goal time but still a great day 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Well organised event again, was glad I remembered to bring along some sun cream with me or I'd have been cooked. Personally I was taking it very easy as recovering from a hamstring niggle but I lost all energy after ~30k, found out the reason this morning with a positive CV-19 test 😕Oh well a few days rest at home isn't the worst plan.

Well done to everyone taking part, heat made it harder than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

So who cleaned up collecting all the bottles. All them 15 cents getting thrown away.

I saw one person in around the top 10 in the half throw a bottle into a grass area just as you came down after the interchange on the way back to the city.

Whatever about side of road but into the grass area it wasn’t getting collected

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Ran out of Medals at 5hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yeah there are af few complaints about it in social media and it seems to be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Still haven't got the tshirt either . I would be surprised if they ever actually send it out.

Shame about the medals aswell as anyone doing a 1 and done would treasure it. I have done few enough marathons that I would be fairly aggrieved not to have a medal. Maybe that changes the more you do but many at 5 hrs or more wouldn't be frequent marathon runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There are two people in my running group who didn't get medals, a 5 hour and a 6 hour finisher. Getting no response from the organisers, fairly poor form!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

They gave out marathon finisher medals to relay people. I wonder if that was the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trevchenko8292

If the organisers don’t get back to your two running buddies I’ll happily send one of them on my medal from the race. Collecting medals and T-shirts isn’t really my thing and much respect to those out there for 6 hours🙌😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Facebook post up today that they have medals in and will be distributing them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Got my T-shirt in the post today. They also sent me an apology letter and 35% off the entry to next years event.

Can't argue with that can you? 😊

I signed up for 2025. €54 in total with the super early bird discount and the 35% off code 🙃

Advertisement