Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new GPU with old PSU needed

Options
  • 10-12-2023 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi folks

Currently rocking a Zotac Amp Extreme 1070. Rock solid, but got a new ultrawide 32 inch 1440p and thinking of a new card.

(AMD 3600 is doing me fine. Might be a bit of a bottleneck down the line, but have time to upgrade that later. 32GB of RAM helps too)

Have my eye on the 7800XT for some future proofing for a while, but also been told to jump on the 6800xt if there was a good price.

(Will keep an eye on mind factory.de as they Germans seem to have the best prices)

But my question is, I assumed I'd have to upgrade my Seasonic 550w Gold Plus PSU for the new GPU, but PC PART PICKER says it's fine?

Turns out the Amp Extreme is also in the 200+ watt range so is it possible I can just swap the cards and Bob's your uncle?

Thanks for any clarification!

Comments

Advertisement