Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 F1 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Perez barely got a lap in before having front brake problems - overheating. Lewis been in the garage a while now too so neither getting much mileage in atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

The likes of Toto and James Vowels should focus on making their respective cars go quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Track damage red flag

Ferrari victims again

Drain cover strikes again. Would be no harm if there were stricter rules imposed on drain covers for circuits to obtain grade one status. Especially with the move towards street circuits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Leave James Vowles alone. He's been a breath of fresh air as a team principal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

They all have to be welded down but some times that fails.

In Vegas it was the tarmac around the manhole that failed.

You can do as much as you can but sometimes these things happen.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I was referring to the rumours and gossip that comes out, only then to be corrected. Not that there is an actual investigation taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Fair one. I thought you were sayingbthe investigation was getting ridiculous. They just need to calm down and wait. Plus they need to realise the investigation needs to do its job and it won't run to the f1 fans' time line to be finished before the car launch or testing or even the first race. They just need to do their job and let the chips fall where they may. It's important so it should be done right

Not at all, the investigation needs to take place, RB wouldn't have done so if they didn't believe so either.

The gossip and guessing is crazy though.

• Advertisement

Horner would definitely have rubbed a number of people up the wrong way over the years and I can’t help but feel some of those people are using this situation for a bit of payback. I find it odd that it’s such a big talking point given how little is actually known. Horner could be 100% innocent for all we know.

Of course they are, they don't call the paddock the Piraña Club for nothing.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

One week to go to the first qualifying session of the season.

Red flag, looks like the same drain cover as yesterday has come free again. It’s on the outside of the red and white kerbing, the cars sweeping out wide to the right before the turn 11 left hander I think it is. Not a track limits issue this either as they’re keeping two wheels inside the white lines. Who knows how long the delay will be this time.

Cool close up pic of the Sauber steering wheel, looks less cluttered than I would expect.

The welders are out now. 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Williams, for many years have been the last constructor to have a buttons only steering wheel, opting instead to mount the screen on the chassis.

Well, no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

About time too.

It looks neat.

DTS Season 6 out today.

I am surprised no mention of it in here yet. Maybe it will not be the most exciting season. I am sure they have made it good somehow do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

On the topic of steering wheels, Mercedes have a partnership with Whatsapp so the radio button is now a Whatsapp logo:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I kinda don't it like when people send voice notes....but a Whatsapp button is funny.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭This is it

Praying to the F1 Gods that Ferrari, or anyone, can at least challenge for race wins, if not the championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

Guenther Steiner will be back in the Formula 1 paddock in 2024, with German broadcaster RTL having signed him to a punditry role this season.

Pity, I don't understand German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DTS using Danica Patrick to talk about what it's like for F1 drivers at the start of the season is exactly why I don't like DTS

Proof that blind faith can lead even the strongest to the deepest depths.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Enjoyed having the testing on in the background here the past few days.

I think Max and Red Bull are out in front again, but the Ferrari has good 1 lap speed. Maclaren next (They can easily overturn Ferrari if they get their setup right next weekend).

Flip a coin between Merc and Aston for 4th/5th. I think Aston are better than we think, the car looked very stable and planted but just lacked top line speed (again).

RB next, with their essentially 2023 Red Bull - So similar looking on front view. Could trouble the top 6 at times.

Williams and Alpine disappoint. Shame to see Williams go backwards after last year. Haas are completely at sea.

Some teams think the gap to Red Bull has extended over the break...

Granted, the rest of them look really close together. Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Aston Martin all look really close, and you could throw in RB Visa Low Carb Diet App as well.

I can’t help but feel that pretty much nothing has changed compared with the back end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dts is online there now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So far episode 1 of DTS was good. Mostly about Aston Martin and Lance Stroll with the usual whinging from Lewis Hamilton about his lost championship lol.

Just started episode 2. It looks like it's about Red Bull and Daniel Ricciardo.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,401 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ferrari look pretty decent from what I've seen of testing.

Hamilton will be pretty confident that his move from Mercedes is the right move. Ferrari shouldn't be a million miles away for the final year of these rules in 2025.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ferrari's biggest enemy now is the race strategists.

Advertisement