Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 F1 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

As I understand it, she can take her case to an employment tribunal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

That would be an actually independent tribunal. Sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Concur.

I wonder what sort of union coverage they have in f1 teams...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Not strictly F1 related but I was at the Carol Nash vintage race exhibition in Mondello yesterday, it was a great day and Alex Dunne was there doing some demo laps in an F3 car. Plenty of other cool things on show too including the Pre 1935 Dublin Grand Prix. All in all well worth the €30. Last pic is Dunne coming back in. Hope the mods don’t mind the few snaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭rock22

• Advertisement

Isn't that option available to everyone? The private independent investigation arranged by Red Bull was optional and not the only legal route.

Yes, but she is still employed by red bull and , so far , has suffered no loss. So on what basis does she take a case to an employment tribunal?

But more generally, you seem to imply that the investigations so far conducted were not independent or were in some way deficient (I quote " …That would be an actually independent tribunal.")

Any employee grievance policy I am aware of provides for independent investigator paid for and contracted by the company. This is exactly what happened here. Are you suggesting that such policies, common amongst almost all big employers, are all deficient?

Yes. I'm suggesting that when a person takes on a powerful, wealthy institution, I would have more faith in the investigation's independence if the institution doesn't choose and pay the investigator (and maybe set the terms of reference?) with no transparency around the scope of the investigation. But I'm cynical.

I think an actually independent investigation, hired by neither party, with some transparency, would be better. Wouldn't you agree?

No. I think you are confusing a reformer taking on the big bad corporation with someone making a complaint against a fellow employee, albeit a senior employee, and that complaint not been upheld by the investigation or the appeal. My point is that the process seems to be the same as would occur in any corporation in the western world, certainly here in Ireland. Of course she could sue Red Bull. But again , on what basis?

Anyway, I will leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very cool. Is that a Jordan F1 car I see in the third picture and what is the car beside it? It is the same one as in your 4th picture.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 194 from 1994. Number 15, so was Eddie Irvine's car (for most of season)

The yellow car in background looks like a Jordan EJ15, the last Jordan from 2005. Number 18 driven by Tiago Monteiro. It got a podium in the US grand prix that only 6 cars participated in.

I'll take your word for it. I won't pretend to know a lot about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Both those Jordans didn't have to travel too far as they are permanently part of the collection at museum in Mondello. We'll worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Ted222

Red Bull has done what any company would be well advised to do in the circumstances. Conduct an investigation, facilitate an appeal and come to a conclusion. If they don’t appoint the investigator and cover the costs of this process, who does?

The complainant always has the option to have their case heard by an independent body (the equivalent of our Workplace Relations Commission) if they’re not happy with the outcome of the company’s internal procedures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The one beside it that’s on track in the forth is the F3 car that Dunne was driving, it wasn’t branded but sounded amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Who would pay for it or are you just hoping they pick 2 people off the street?

These KCs are about £1k a hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

For the craic, copy pasting this here

Backstory: why Rich Energy didn't buy Alpine:- The F1 Alpine team's plan to halt power unit development at Viry-Châtillon raises concerns, marking a significant shift. This decision highlights the French manufacturer's struggles to produce competitive powertrains and transforms Alpine into a team that will buy engines and components from Mercedes, resembling a mid-ranking team like Haas.

- Alpine's move towards reducing internal R&D costs in favor of turnkey solutions leads to questions about the continued use of the Alpine brand, as it may become more of a sponsorship than a genuine team effort. The shift away from "made in France" expertise adds to the doubts about the team's future direction.- Meanwhile, Rich Energy, a British energy drink company, expressed interest in acquiring Alpine. CEO William Storey revealed this interest, recalling their prior involvement with Haas, which ended abruptly in 2019 due to poor results.

- The partnership with Haas ended just before the Silverstone GP, with Rich Energy citing the team's poor performance and likening the VF-19 to a "milk wagon."

- Storey's company also abandoned the OMG team in British Superbike mid-championship, raising concerns about their reliability in motorsport.- Despite these issues, Storey revealed that Rich Energy had been working on acquiring a 70% stake in Alpine for over a year, with intentions to return to F1.

- However, Renault's decision to end the F1 power unit program ultimately led Rich Energy to abandon the acquisition. Storey expressed disappointment with Renault's direction, particularly after the unexpected return of Flavio Briatore to the team, despite his controversial past.

- Storey claimed to have offered $250 million for a 70% stake in Renault's shares, but the price doubled to nearly $500 million by February. The cancellation of the turbo-hybrid powertrain program was the final straw, as the acquisition plan included a five-year supply of Renault power units. - Storey also hinted that Hitech Grand Prix, whose owner Oliver Oakes recently became Alpine's team principal, could be involved in a future acquisition of the team.VIA: [funoanalisitecnica]

Funnily enough, rumour is that a cheap team is advertised for a billion in todays money.

On linkedin he has a video up talking about it.
    Gems: Renault approached him!
    Deal was already agreed in December
    LFMAO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That William storey is cracked.

The whole Haas deal and the logo fight with the bicycle company is pure comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Looks like red bull have been using some funky g force break trickery and had to remove it after Miami about the time they stopped being dominant 🤔 let's see what comes out of this

• Advertisement

This summer break could really do with being a week shorter…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭bren2001

Another month break after Singapore. The design of the calendar is absolutely bonkers. It's like they hate fans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah triple headers are probably a nightmare for the teams and these long 3-4 week breaks (obviously the summer break is standard) are a killer for the fans, surely there’s somewhere they could meet in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's a tough balance. Only 52 weeks in a year which means we're only 2 races short of having a Grand Prix every second weekend all year round.

Less triple headers, more races every 2nd week would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Would be neat to break into neater legs; European, Asian, Middle Eastern, American etc to give it better structure. Could even give in-season trophies to winner of each leg, keep things interesting even if the overall championship is settled.

I know they've moved in that direction in terms of the calendar, but bizarre to have such a break between Spa and Zandvoort...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That's such a good idea. Mini championships. So good.

It is odd how 2 tracks super close to each other aren't done as a double header, but Baku and Singapore is a double header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭bren2001

Canada randomly thrown in between Monaco and Spain is utter madness. Why not pair it with Miami and just have a proper "the Americas" swing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Mini championships is a terrible idea.

Advertisement