Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat roof replacement

• 11-12-2023 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi

I've a felt flat roof on extension that has probably severed it life span. Been living in house 12 years and it looked a few years old when I moved in. It's squishy to walk on. Large puddles in parts and now it seems water damage is appearing on ceiling underneath and has started to screw some electrical wiring

Is there a rough estimate per square yard/metre for replacement of felt roof?

Is the roll on liquid rubber resins a better solution long term and again is there ough estimate per square yard or metre?

Any other solution? Build a tile roof or even metal roof? Metal roof would rust or be noisy if rain was pinging off it ?

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tomatofruit

Trocal flat roof membrane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I've DIYed a few flat roofs. Gone off felt and last one I did I used Fiberglass which seemed to be a much better job.

You may like to include the price of extra insulation when you replace the roof.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement